The World Knowledge Dialogue Webcast
The World Knowledge Dialogue Symposium was streamed live from Crans Montana, Switzerland from 10 to 13 September 2008. All plenaries, roundtables and talks have been archived and may be watched anytime here.
Science Session 3 w/ Pierre Lévy (12/09)
Canada Research Chair in Collective Intelligence, University of Ottawa, Canada
Pierre Lévy is a philosopher who has devoted his professional life to the understanding of the cultural and cognitive impacts of digital technologies and to the promotion of their best social uses. He is a world-leading thinker on "cyberculture". His work has been focused around the concept of collective intelligence and knowledge-based societies, and more recently, on the development of an Information Economy Meta Language (IEML) based on semiotic concepts. Pierre Lévy has published several books among them Qu'est-ce que le virtuel ? (Becoming Virtual) or Cyberculture.
- Symposium Opening w/ Julia Higgins, Kyoshi Kurokawa et al (10/09)
- Roundtable session w/ EO Wilson, Richard Ernst, P. Boghossian, Veronica Boix-Mansilla, Karavannur Mohanan (10/09)
- Keynote I w/ John Sulston (10/09)
- Science session w/ André Langaney, Ruth Dreifuss, Raghavendra Gadagkar, Frans de Waal and Karen Cook (11/09)
- Science Session 1 w/ Jean-Pierre Hocké, followed by Discussion / Dialogue w/ Dreifuss, Gadagkar, de Waal, Cook, and Hocké (11/09)
- Keynote II w/ Christiane Nüsslein-Volhard (11/09)
- Keynote III w/ Joël de Rosnay (11/09)
- Science session 3 w/ Hiroyuki Yoshikawa, Wendy Hall (12/09)
- Science Session 3 w/ Florence Devouard (12/09)
- Science Session 3 w/ Pierre Lévy (12/09)
- Discussion and Dialogue w/ Geoffrey West, Wendy Hall, Florence Devouard, Pierre Lévy (12/09)
- Keynote IV w/ EO Wilson, Scientist In Residence (12/09)
- Keynote V w/ Hubert Reeves, CNRS (12/09)
- The Dialogue: Means and outcomes (13/09)
- Roundtable w/ Wilson, Ernst, Boghossian, Golfman & Higgins (13/09)
- Feedback from Young Scientists & Students (13/09)
- Concluding Remarks w / Kurokawa, Wilson, Hurst & Waldvogel (13/09)
No video? Try refreshing your page. Be sure to Get the Flash Plugin to see this video.